In the Light

 

We never

Have to be alone again

In the nightmares that surround us

In this world so full of sin


Never did I think

That I could stand within my mind

Without falling to the doubt

As my insides would unwind


Sinking ever further into the darkness

Always knowing so clearly

How bad my heart was


That’s the trick we fall for

When we’re surrounded by the lies

filling us with sadness

Asking us to compromise

All that we are


We fall deeper,

More alone

Right where we are


But we never have to be alone again

Always right beside us

Is the most intimate of friends

The one who recognizes

Our brokenness and needs

Instead of holding us captive to the dark

We find release


In the light


Like a candle burning

Becoming a flame 

that lights inside

You are not alone

Nor am I

When we open up our hearts to the one

Who owns the night


And believe



09/28/26

clc



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvelous Mysteries

Like Winter Breeze

Piercing the Night