Your sweet mercies

 

When I don’t have words to say

Can’t express all that I feel

How in awe I am each day

Knowing that you’re real


So many words touch my tongue

Though they never seem just right

At Painting a picture of what you’ve begun

In my heart, so far from sight


Most people don’t see the valleys

As you urged me to march on

And when I stepped over the mountains

You are my victory song


But these lips cannot express

Your sweet mercies, your tenderness

With me


You took me from my darkest moments

Took the bottle, you wouldn’t rest

Until I realize there was more here

And that, my soul must confess


As I Look up to towards heaven

I see you in the skies

How do I thank you?

When I want to ask, “why?”


Why you love me?

And even greater still

Will you take this offering?

As in your peace, I still


I don’t need an answer

In each breath, I know you’re there

Amidst the moments when I struggle

I know you care


But my words still fail

As they often do

When it comes to trying to describe

How deeply, truly

I love you.



10/05/26

clc




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvelous Mysteries

Like Winter Breeze

Piercing the Night